Search This Blog

Friday, January 20, 2017

[NYC, Greenwich Village] A Salt and Battery Fish and Chips


This is a really late post, it was in my draft box forever. I am not sure why I never posted it before!
Next time I am back in NYC for an extended period of time, I'll definitely try and get back to A Salt and Battery. 

My friend and I went to A Salt and Battery in Greenwich Village for some authentic fish and chips.

As an aside, British people seem to really like their word puns as restaurant names.
In York, I tried to make a list and visit all of the word pun restaurants, but it was impossible to do so.

We got the regular size haddock ($7.50) with chips ($5).

They also have cod, sole, whiting, and other assorted fish types available. They also have scallops, if that's your thing.



My friend and I noted that this place must be pretty authentic because there were a lot of British accents in the restaurant.

Also, for NYC, the prices are insanely reasonable, especially given the quantity of food you get.

Take a look at that flaky fish. It was served fresh out of the fryer and was so hot!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...